Who are you?
I am a high school senior living in beautiful New Hampshire, USA. I have been programming for the last 6 years, focusing mostly on web development. Along with designing and developing websites, I have created basic non-web projects in Python, Java, and C++. Outside of development, I enjoy hiking, skiing, and listening to music.
What are you making?
While the majority of my projects are unmaintained, here's some of the stuff I'm currently working on:
- jsTrack — a JS-based web-app for tracking motion in videos and extracting the kinematics data. I created it for physics classrooms as the project component of my Senior Seminar.
- Collabster — This project is my white whale, and more than anything has been the most valuable learning experience I've embarked on. The idea behind it is a social network platform for designers and developers to collaborate through.
Anything else to say?
Well the info above is pretty much a snapshot of me, but below this I've included some more resume-type information.
What sorts of stuff can you do?
I mean, I can do a lot of stuff! I am highly motivated, hardworking, and committed. I get along well with peers, but I am also independant and self-guided. Is that what you were wondering?
Cool! But what are your hard skills?
Ahhh, gotcha. Here's a list of my hard skills, and you can click each one for more detail:
Do you have any work experience?
Yep! I've worked two different jobs in high school:
- Regal Cinemas, Dec. 2017 - Oct. 2018
This was my first job, where I worked primarily as a concessionist, alongside other positions. I learned the valuable skills of customer interaction and self-responsibility, and I quickly became one of the most dependable cast members.
- Target, Oct. 2018 - Present
I began working at Target for the holiday season in 2018, as a hardlines team member. My duties include assisting customers, stocking and maintaining the salesfloor, and assisting other areas of the store when needed. I was one of the few seasonal team members selected to stay on as permanent employees in Jan. 2019.
Have you recieved any awards or recognition?
I have been the recipient of a few awards:
- National Merit Finalist, Feb. 2019
Awarded for performance on PSAT test, along with SAT score and school record.
- Academic Excellance in AP Physics, June 2018
Selected by instructor for exemplary performance in AP Physics my junior year
- Employee of the Month, May 2018
Selected as the top employee by managers at Regal for May 2018, one of the busiest times.