Who are you?
I am a college freshman living in Boston, MA. I have been programming for the last 6 years, focusing mostly on web development. Along with designing and developing websites, I have created basic non-web projects in Python, Java, and C++. Outside of development, I enjoy hiking, skiing, and listening to music.
What are you making?
While the majority of my projects are unmaintained, here's some of the stuff I'm currently working on:
- jsTrack — a JS-based web-app for tracking motion in videos and extracting the kinematics data. I created it for physics classrooms as the project component of my Senior Seminar. It has become used in physics classrooms all around the globe, and I still work on it when I have free time.
- Collabster — This project has been an on-and-off endeaver for the last few years, and more than anything has been the most valuable learning experience I've embarked on. The idea behind it is a social network platform for designers and developers to collaborate through. It is currently inactive while I focus on school.
Anything else to say?
Well the info above is pretty much a snapshot of me, but below this I've included some more resume-type information.
What sorts of stuff can you do?
I mean, I can do a lot of stuff! I am highly motivated, hardworking, and committed. I get along well with peers, but I am also independant and self-guided. Is that what you were wondering?
Cool! But what are your hard skills?
Ahhh, gotcha. Here's a list of my hard skills, and you can click each one for more detail:
Do you have any work experience?
Yep! Here is my recent work experience:
- Echo Ridge, June 2019 - Present
Echo Ridge started as an 8 hr/wk summer internship, but I transitioned up to 35 hr/wk as an intern, and now I am a part-time Software Engineer I working remotely from school. At Echo Ridge, I mainly worked on back and frontend web dev for the Retaen platform, using Flask, but also worked on a team gathering and analyzing data, where I spearheaded data scraping. For web dev, I worked mainly on the invoicing platform using the Stripe API, among many other smaller projects.
- Target, Oct. 2018 - July 2019
I began working at Target for the holiday season in 2018, as a hardlines team member. My duties include assisting customers, stocking and maintaining the salesfloor, and assisting other areas of the store when needed. I was one of the few seasonal team members selected to stay on as permanent employees in Jan. 2019.
- Regal Cinemas, Dec. 2017 - Oct. 2018
This was my first job, where I worked primarily as a concessionist, alongside other positions. I learned the valuable skills of customer interaction and self-responsibility, and I quickly became one of the most dependable cast members.